Thursday, October 6, 2011

Haircut House call

As we speak my husband and brother are having their hair cut professionally in my kitchen.  Their stylists barbers hair cutters bring all of their supplies in rather large backpacks, plug in their clippers and go to work.  They have been coming since the summer when they abruptly quit their barber shop.  Seems there was a rather loud disagreement with the owner.  They grabbed their stuff and their customers and are now making house calls.

At first, I thought what a joy it would be for my stylist to visit my home.  No battling traffic, no waiting in the lounge because she is running late, no getting out of my pjs.  But then I remembered that my cuts also involve a color, a shampoo, and a two hour time block.  Suddenly my kitchen sink and bar stool are not so inviting.

But hats off to the ladies for making the most of their situation.  $20 for about 15 minutes of their time.  And they don't even have to get out of their pjs. But they should...

No comments:

Post a Comment