Monday, May 23, 2011

Boston Rob

I was a little busy last week preparing for the end of the world and suddenly found my DVR completely filled.  Of course I discovered this after it had stopped recording my shows. (Thank you SOAPNet for getting me back on track.)  

And thank you to which ever comet was supposed to pick up the chosen and whisk us away to heaven; or where ever that billboard said we were going.  And instead left us alone.  So, since the world didn't end on Saturday I decided to catch up on my shows on Sunday.  Enter the season finale of Survivor.

Billed as one of the best seasons ever, by Jeff Probst anyway, I have been faithfully watching week after week and as you probably know from a previous post I am basically convinced that Redemption Island is located on some Hollywood back lot.  That being said I was still rooting for Matt to redeem himself and walk away with the million dollars.  Or maybe Ashley or Grant.

But to my utter disappointment, Boston Rob won.  I can't believe it.  They got rid of Russell, the hands-down best Survivor player ever, around day 6, but this schmuck makes it all the way to the jury.  And they voted for him?  I can't believe it.  He screwed over every single person sitting there in judgement of him.  He looked down at all of them and still they gave him the money. 

His wife was already handed a million dollars.  Isn't that enough?  Isn't it time to start thinking about a real job?  This was Rob's  fourth time playing.  At least those lifers on the Road Rules Challenge are twenty-somethings that don't know any better. 

And worst of all; he is so irritating!  I want to go fishing with his disgusting Red Sox hat and use that dumb pink shirt as Charmin.  Those idiots on his tribe put him up on a pedestal and worshipped him.  I really don't get it.  But then again Hollywood back lots do turn out some pretty bad stuff these days. 

In the future Survivor writers, it is so much more interesting when the person with the hidden immunity idol gets voted off while it is sitting in his pocket.  Or when the strongest alliance double crosses a member right before the final three.  Or for something new, how about taking the strongest and most deserving players to the jury vote?  And leave the crazy Phillips and coattail rider Natalies on the beach.

I had to stop watching Dancing With the Stars when Bristol Palin made it to the finals.  I think I might have to stop watching Survivor, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment