Monday, May 9, 2011

Hail All Mother's!

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day and instead of staying home and allowing my family to pamper me, I spent my day visiting other mothers.  And enjoying it, for the most part.  I breakfasted with my mom, attended a baptism, and visited with my mother-in-law.  The hash brown potatoes and bloodies at breakfast were killer, the adorable child that was Christened had the whole church to himself, and conversations with my husband's mother are always exciting.  My mom gave me a beautiful plate that she made with my daughter and a tissue in my card (she knows me so well!) 

There was one odd thing that stands out however:  at the church the priest kept asking that people raise their arms in an extended salute to all of the mothers.  It was a little too Third Reich for me...

Anyway, my husband and child were with me all day (which was awesome) and they gave me a beautiful new bracelet.  It got me thinking about gifts for Mother's Day.  There are always the usual suspects:  flowers, cards, jewelry, dinner; but I think that there are some gifts that you don't need to search for on line or try to find a parking spot for. 

Here are my top 5:

5.  Take my car and have it cleaned (inside and out)
4.  Make the bed with crisp, clean sheets (and make the corners tight)
3.  Make dinner (without asking me what I want)
2.  Rub my feet (for an hour or two)
and
1.  Tell me that you love me as soon as I wake up and before I go to bed!

Having a child is thanks enough for me, but sometimes it's nice to go above and beyond.  Happy Mother's Day (Everyday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment