Thursday, May 12, 2011

How Could You St. Rose?

How could you my alma mater?  How could you help me launch my career and then invite a commencement speaker like Michelle Rhee to trash everything that I stand for as a teacher?  How could you bestow an honorary degree upon a person who has such contempt for education?  How could a teacher college support such a teacher hater?  Someone who has bragged about firing teachers, who speaks of doing away with public education, and who may have cheated her way to the upper eschalon of the talk circuit?

How could you St. Rose?  I will remember this when you call upon me to help fund your next education building, or when you ask me to help launch the career of the next student teacher.  I will have to stand proudly next to my fellow teachers in our Union and politely say, "NO!"

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're sending St Rose a strongly worded letter, too.

    ReplyDelete