Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Didn't Leave a Tip

Today is my sister's birthday.  Happy 32nd C!  In keeping with tradition, we had our girls' lunch.  Bucking tradition, we had our lunch on the honoree's birthday.

We decided on Holmes and Watson in Troy.  We should have walked right out the door as soon as we walked in and the music stopped so the four patrons at the bar could turn and stare at us.  "Can I help you?" asked the bartender.  Well, it's 12:30 on a Wednesday... "Are you serving lunch?"  Maybe it was the baby in my arms.

We sat ourselves at an outdoor table and opened the umbrella to shield C and the baby from what became a very hot sun.  As anyone sitting in direct sunlight for 90 minutes would agree.  Twenty minutes later our menus arrived. "Sorry for the wait." Twenty minutes after that our drinks.  No explanation.  When our food finally landed on the table we had been sitting for almost an hour and were out of baby snacks.   I immediately asked for our bill.  He never checked back.

The food was decent except for my cole slaw which was wilted and rancid.  We gave up though after fighting off the bees.  Our bill was $39.60.  We left two twenty dollar bills and headed to Snowman.  I have never left a restaurant so sweaty and thirsty.  And don't hope to again.



No comments:

Post a Comment