Lawgirl gave me an idea to check out some of the dumb laws that exist in our great state of New York. Did you know:
1. It is illegal for a woman on the street to be wearing "body hugging clothing." Guess they have never been to South Pearl Street in the Spring!
2. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. See #1 and every bar in the Capital District, especially when wearing body hugging clothing!
3. It is against the law to throw a ball at some one's head just for fun. Sorry Dodgeballers!
4. The penalty for jumping off of a building is death. Imagine the passionate debate on that one: "The fine should be $10!" "No straight to jail they go!" "Ok, death."
5. A person may not walk around on Sunday with an ice cream cone in their pocket. Get it out of your system on Saturday, friends!
6. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking at the door. But what if you can't reach the buttons?
7. Slippers are not to be worn after 10 p.m. When lights out are 9:55!
8. Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling their fingers." But it's so fun!
9. It is illegal to slurp your soup (in Ocean City.) Luckily we only eat soup in Ocean City, NJ!
10. It is illegal to disrobe in a wagon (in Sag Harbor). That's why citizens gave up their wagons and invented Party Buses!