Waking up to your car buried under inches of white fluffy snow and the neighbor's snowblower humming away, brings an instant smile to my face! Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it also causes me to immediately turn on the TV and read through the scrolling school closings that beckon along the bottom of the screen. Suddenly I am wide awake and estactic... And it's only 5am!
For those of you that have to brave the commute to work, I feel for you. Those slippery roads, crazy drivers, and SUVs that zip along like its 75 and sunny; driving white knuckled to a job that you really can't stand? I feel for you. I really do... sort of. At least you can take vacations during March and October. And fly on those $49 days that pop up randomly on Southwest.
For those of you home today, like me, here are my top 10 things to do on a snow day. Feel free to add your own faves!
10. snow shoe with a buddy (or adventurous sister)
9. do donuts in the nearest parking lot
8. make homemade soup and let it simmer and perfume your house all day
7. sleep in
6. take a "nap" with someone warm and cuddly
5. build a snow man
4. catch up on all of your DVR'd shows
3. sleigh ride
2. sip hot chocolate with marshmallows
and the best thing to do: NOT WORK!
Enjoy Friends :)