Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tea Time

I have just come from the most relaxing and satisfying lunch in the Capital District!  It is a place introduced to me some time ago and one I do not patronize often enough.  It is a little gem hidden in Balston Spa called the Whistling Kettle.  It is what my mom would call "a tea room."  It is what I would simply call "YUM!"

Nestled right off main street, the Whistling Kettle is a cozy little place with couches, a fireplace, and exposed brick everywhere.  They serve hundreds (at least a hundred) different types of tea brewed from tea leaves.  No little white pouches here!  They also serve the perfect companions to tea:  crepes, paninis, wonderful soups, tea sandwiches, scones, bread, and cake.  (They also make turkey clubs, salads, and roast beef sandwiches for those of you just looking for a good lunch.)

My BFF and I just enjoyed 2 afternoon teas.  S had apple butternut squash soup, a turkey and avacado panini, and white chocolate rasberry cheesecake.  I enjoyed spicy crab and corn chowder,  turkey with mozzarella, roasted red tomatoes, and artichokes, and apple crisp cobbler.  Accompanied of course by two steaming pots of Green Blueberry and Oolong Darjeerling tea.  And if the constant waiting list is any indication, our little secret may be out!

No comments:

Post a Comment